MONDAY, MARCH 16 at 4:30PM
On Sunday, we heard the story of Pontius Pilate and the self-preserving and short-sighted decision he made out of fear. I pray that you will continue to be vigilant, to do what is best for all in the community and to trust that the Lord is near.
We have made the difficult decision to suspend in-person worship and postpone and/or reshape all programming at Sheridan, through Tuesday, March 31. This is a bold act of love that aligns us with the best efforts of our larger community, state, and nation to ensure the health of all who live here. Here’s what that means:
- All public gatherings, including in-person worship and education classes, will be suspended. If you have a question about your specific ministry meeting, please contact the church office at 402-423-4769 or email your ministry leader.
- No outside groups will meet at Sheridan during this time.
- We will livestream worship, 6pm on Wednesday and 9:45am on Sunday. We will seek to bring you the same style and commitment to excellence as we do each week at Sheridan. You can join in worship online at sheridanlutheran.org/watch-online. If you feel called to learn more about our worship tech ministries, please contact Jared Rechsteiner. Our need has grown. Can you help us meet that need?
- All children, youth and adult faith formation will not meet. Watch for ways in which these ministries will connect with you online.
- Our Wednesdays @ Well ministry including the meal, Confirmation and all ages faith formation hour and choir on Wednesdays is suspended.
This is a rapidly changing situation, and so we are making decisions week by week. To learn more about ministry and other updates, please look to our weekly eNews update each Wednesday, Sheridan’s Facebook Page and our website: sheridanlutheran.org. Because things are changing so quickly with our schedule and other details, we will not be sending out our April Scroll. Instead, we will rely on these quicker forms of communication.
We are always concerned about those in our community who are vulnerable. If you are in need of assistance, or aware of someone in our community who needs help during this health crisis, please contact us. It is critical that as a community we continue to care for each other, especially the vulnerable.
We are so grateful to all of you for continuing to support the church and its ministries through your regular financial giving. Your generosity is especially important during this health crisis that we stay on top of our budget, both to pay our expenses and to support our partner ministries who are doing important work caring for those in need. We have options for people continuing to give during this time when we will not be gathering at the Sheridan building:
- Your weekly offering envelopes are pre-addressed for US Postal delivery.
- Checks can be sent to Sheridan Lutheran Church, 6955 Old Cheney Rd., Lincoln, NE 68516
- Opportunities to give electronically as a one-time or recurring online gifts can be found at sheridanlutheran.org/give
- If you would like to learn about signing up for electronic giving, you can access that information online.