We are planning to gather for worship the weekend of March 14 & 15. If you are unable to join us in person, worship online with our Livestream at 9:45am on Sunday.
At Sheridan, we want you to know that as a team we are monitoring the news and recommendations about Coronavirus (COVID-19). We want to care for our congregation in all respects, including the physical well-being of our community. We are involved in ongoing discussions about how best to keep our Sheridan community, staff and volunteers healthy and want to assure you that, as always, we are dedicated to our responsibility to keep everyone connected to Sheridan healthy and safe. To that end, we are asking you, our worshiping community, to take precautions to keep yourself and others safe, especially during this cold, flu and virus season.
Our staff is following recommended cleaning and safety measures, including frequent handwashing, sanitization of commonly touched surfaces and having more hand sanitizer available for the community to use. Our worship and hospitality volunteers have or will be contacted about new best practices.
If you have concerns or questions, please reach out to ministry staff leaders.
For the well-being of the Sheridan community, if you feel ill, please stay home.
If you are experiencing a sense of loneliness or a desire for some pastoral care, please call the church office 402-423-4769 or email and we will seek to have someone reach out to you. We know that these are difficult times and we seek to be connected to each other.
Please follow all other recommendations from the CDC, including:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty. We have made additional stations of hand sanitizers available around the church building as well.
The uncertainty of this outbreak is creating anxiety in our workplaces, schools, and day-to-day activities. Yet we remain certain of God’s steadfast presence and careful attention to all that is happening. Please join us in praying for those who are affected by this illness, as well as their caregivers and those who are working around the clock to minimize the impact of this virus.
In Psalm 46, we are reminded that it is God who is our refuge and strength, and our ever-present help in trouble. Therefore, let us not fear, but with confidence use this opportunity to be the hands and feet of Jesus through our prayers and our care for others.
If you are away, you can join our Sunday worship livestream on our website or Facebook Page on Sundays at 9:45am or access the sermons by Monday afternoon each week at sheridanlutheran.org/watch-online.