Getting Started with ShelbyNext
ShelbyNext is an online database and communication tool for church staff, members and friends of Sheridan Lutheran Church. Every member has a Shelby account which gives access to a church directory, calendar events, online giving and the ability to monitor your giving and event registration payments.
Access to this secure and private database is available through a login and password. You can request access by contacting Brenda Carpenter. By using the Sheridan Lutheran Church Online Directory, you are agreeing to use the information for personal use only and not for any other purpose.
If Sheridan Lutheran has an email address on file for you, you should have received an email with your login details at the email account registered with the church office. If you didn’t get the email, contact the church office to set up an account.
If you are new to ShelbyNext, follow these simple steps:
- Click the Log In to ShelbyNext button above.
- Click “forgot password.”
- Enter your email, and follow the prompts to set up a new account password (Your email address will be your ShelbyNext username).
- Download the ShelbyNext Membership App to access Shelby features on your mobile device. Simply open your device’s app store and search “ShelbyNext Membership.” Download the app and use your new login information to sign in. When asked for our ShelbyNext domain, enter sheridanlutheran.shelbynextchms.com. Use your newly created login information to complete the login process.
- From the App, you can upload a profile picture, which will serve as your photo in the online directory.
- From there, we recommend you verify or update your contact information, check out online giving, and start to explore.
FAQs about ShelbyNext
I didn’t get the email with my account information. How do I access my account?
Contact Brenda Carpenter in the church office at 402-423-4769.
What are the benefits of ShelbyNext?
There are so many!
- Login access gives you the ability to edit and update your own information such as adding a birthdate or updating your email address. You can also upload a photo so that we can make connections with one another.
- Your account gives you access to the church directory which includes the name, photo and email address of members of our Sheridan Lutheran family. You may allow more of your contact information to be shared with Sheridan members using settings in your own profile.
- The church calendar is accessible from ShelbyNext.
- Login access allows you to keep track of your contributions and your payments for Sheridan Lutheran Church events.
- ShelbyNext is accessible through your website browser or you can download the ShelbyNext app to your phone from your phone’s app store. Search: ShelbyNext Membership.
What if I notice a change is needed in my profile?
We try to keep up-to-date information, but sometimes we miss something. Please let us know of any changes by using the “edit” tab on the desktop version or the blue icon on the bottom left corner of the screen in the app. This will automatically notify the church office of the needed change. Once the change is approved by the church office, it will be reflected in your profile.
What about my recurring online giving through Vanco or Simply Giving?
We are also moving to ShelbyNext Giving for all recurring gifts and would like to encourage those who give online to move to this new platform for giving; however, we are not eliminating any giving already set up through Vanco.
If you would like to transfer your online giving to ShelbyNext:
- Go to www.shelbygiving.com/sheridanlutheran – click the “First Time” link and create a new giving account by entering your personal and payment information. You may enter one-time contributions or automatic recurring contributions.
- Once you have completed the online giving in ShelbyNext, you may notify the church office or login to your Vanco account and cancel any recurring contributions set up there.
- Contact Brenda Carpenter in the church office at 402-423-4769 for assistance with adding, changing or canceling contributions.
Please contact Brenda Carpenter at 402-423-4769.